The kids are eating breakfast and I don't want to do the laundry that SO needs to be tended to. I see the beautiful sun out and I really want to go out and enjoy it. Tomorrow is the Armed Forces Day Parade, we usually go. To get the kids out and experience it. My parents usually meet us there, and so does my sister and her kids. Maybe we can grab some bagels and doughnuts. I haven't had a good doughnut in forever!
Does anyone mind if I stay in a night shirt all day? I can even put jeans on when I pick up the girls, it'll look like a shirt! I suppose I should do something with my hair. Speaking of hair, I am debating whether I should cut it or not for the summer. Short or if I should let it grow out? I miss my hair stylist. She moved to Michigan.... :*( I have another but I haven't found anyone who will ever match up Maria. I kinda wanted to grow it out again. (I feel a story coming on....)
When I was little my dad wouldn't let my sister or me cut our hair. It was LONG, growing up. In the Philippines having long hair was a sign of youth, so Jenna and I had really long hair. Most of the time it would hang above my butt, but there were several times it grew below my butt. LONG! It was heavy and gave me head aches. (I would usually ponytail it or braid/twist it and put chop sticks to hold it up in a bun.) So I when I was a junior HS I pleaded that my dad let me cut my hair. He let me cut it about armpit level, still somewhat long, but it was short to me. I swear since then I have only grown out my hair twice. And my hair cuts tend to be getting shorter and shorter... LOL! The last 2 cuts I have had haven't been that short. But I have been trying to somewhat grow out my hair to like mid back length. It's hard. All I want to do is cut it, now that I can do whatever I want to it. Then length I am at right now is okay... But I feel like it is at an awkward stage.
I think people go through awkward stages. I have had several. Right now I am just coming out of one. It was a time where I didn't care much about what I was doing with my hair or how I dressed. Now for some reason I want to dress it up a bit, but still remain low maintenance. I want more dresses, and maybe some skirts. Look like a girl. But not flashy. I want to make it easy to spice it up for a night out. I am not big on make up, I wasn't allowed to wear it growing up. So it's usually glossy lip balm and eye liner for me. I don't want to be one of those people who always has to wear it. My goodness it's not good for your skin, and I've seen it can get spendy. Maybe I can just start with sun dresses, and regularly painting my nails.. LOL!
Well, I better get going. Laundry to be done and children to be loved!
No comments:
Post a Comment