Saturday, May 7, 2011

I'm awake...

Louie woke up for his shrimping trip and Avari my niece had an accident. And he didn't know where anything was. So I stripped her bed of wet stuff and got her some clean chonies and clean blankets. Now Louie is gone and I am here and the kids are asleep and I cannot fall back to sleep.

I am typing in the dark and putting my typing skills to the test. I cannot see the keyboard and am typing from the memory of my fingers. Kinda reminds me what it was like when I played the piano when I was younger. My teacher would put a manila folder over my hands and all I could look at was the sheet music in front of me, and when I would look down all I could see was a folder. I wonder if I could still play the piano without looking. Probably not. I should look for my sheet music, and maybe find some new stuff. Maybe I should start playing the piano again. I'm not really good, but I can play easy piano and sight read. Unlike my friend Brian who is amazing at the piano, but his whole life has been dedicated to it. I'd really like to learn the guitar.

Hmm....

It's 6:07 AM and I hope the kids don't wake up for another hour. Then I will make french toast. I have some left over homemade french bread. :D (makes the best french toast). Actually my brother's biscuit bread makes the best french toast because it has butter and sugar, my french bread does not. But the french bread french toast is better than using regular store bought bread.

Oh that reminds me my daughter gave me the best unintentional comment in the world. I was at knitting group and Louie made samiches and we had the white bread I made and bread from the store. My husband had already previously voice his opinion that he prefered the store bought samich bread over my home baked white bread. (OUCH!) So I said there was regular bread on the counter if he preferred. When I get home I asked how dinner was. And he says, it was good, and I asked about the kids. And he says "Mila was asking why the 'bread tastes old'". And I was like "old? What bread did you give her?" And he said the store bought bread!!! LMAO! My kids are officially spoiled with home baked goods. LOL! What have I done???

No comments:

Post a Comment