At 10 I found out Louie's boat is "broken" again after he worked on it for 3 days. It was preventative but good thing the part that was broken was the one he just fixed and a backup was ordered earlier in the week. With the exception of an ignition switch. So we didn't get any shrimp today... :*(
However, they didn't want to waste the day and decided to go clamming and oystering! It was my first time and I had a blast. My brother J.J. and I went clamming with Lela and Sergio. We got stuck in the mud and Lela and Serg fell in. LOL! It was so funny. I was laughing and trying to help them out at the same time while sinking in. Serg started freaking out and started waving his hands back and forth and flinging mud in his face. I just about lost it. I would have taken pictures, but I thought laughing was enough humiliation for him. (Oh, I didn't slip in, so don't worry... but it gets better). So the reason why I took Lela and Serg was because they had rain boots, Mila and Juli didn't. I knew my left boot had cracked and knew my foot could get wet. I didn't think I was going to be standing in a stream raking out steamer clams, but I was and found out that I had a hole in my right boot too. So it wasn't sunny but overcast, and 51 degrees. Sergio peed his pants but you couldn't tell because he and Lela were both soaking wet from their waist down. They were freezing cold and at a count of 255 steamer clams we called it a day! The other team also caught and shucked 22 oysters. (YUMMY! My favorite!) So on our walk back, about .5 of a mile, it starts sprinkling and then raining. All I could do was start laughing. I had a chain of kids on my hands. Sergio on my left hand, then Mila, then Lela, and on my right hand was Juli. Jenna was carrying Elias (her son), My mom was carrying Avari, J.J. carrying clams, I think my dad just left as fast as he could, and I think Anthony was carrying the oysters, D.J. my brother eventually took Avari from my mom and carried her. Louie then took Serg and was trying to cover the side of his face with the side of his hoodless jacket. Mind you he was still getting soaked. I bursted out laughing! It was a family outing and I had a blast. I even had Mila laughing about it when it started to pour and she couldn't see out of her glasses. It was just loads of fun. I now have demands of new heavy duty rain boots. LOL! Because I was soaked from the knee down in sea water. We headed home and gave Serg and Juli a bath. Threw Mila and Lela to take a shower. And I was falling asleep on the couch and asked to lay down for a hour. To wake up 45 mins later to a vacuum cleaner going. Next thing I remember 35 mins later that I blocked out the sound and fell back to sleep. While I was asleep Louie shampooed the carpet. :D I sat on the couch for a bit and cuddled with Juli. Then started making red rice for dinner, then realizing we needed dog food. Ran to the store and came back to the flautas done. So I served everyone and we ate. And soon after we were done eating, we sent our exhausted kids to bed.
WHAT A DAY!
And eventful day it was.
Juli contemplating her work...
She covered up her cousin who fell asleep on the floor! AWE!
Seven Sister's Beach! Right off Hood Canal. Beautiful!
Me post clamming! I was soaking wet, cold and HAPPY!
(Please ignore the crazy hair...)




No comments:
Post a Comment