Saturday, June 11, 2011

Please Meet Harry!

So.... I found our dog food bag being chewed up a few days in a row. After I got a new bag of dog food and it had chewed marks I decided I should investigate. So I cleaned out from under our Kitchen sink; which happens to be the place we keep the dog food. And found teeny tiny dropping everywhere. So I cleaned that too. We are moving to a new place next month so I didn't want the landlord to do anything till we left. So when I got french fries from the store, I also picked up a "live" mouse trap. So it closed a couple of time yesterday evening, and came up empty. So this morning I went to look and found a closed trap! Thinking it could be empty again I still decided to empty it over a bowl. To find nothing coming out. I looked into the trap to find a fuzzy little face staring right into my eyes. It startled me. So I whipped the trap from my face and the mouse jumped out and landed in the sink into a bowl full of water. He swam around once, and jumped out and ran across the counter. I then realized "Oh no, I have a live mouse running in my kitchen. I'd better catch him". And I did. I didn't want him to jump out so I gave him a piece of hamburger bun, and named him Harry. (Because I had a spider on me the other day and Josh said they are hairy and they need hugs... and thought this mouse is hairy and deserved more hugs then a spider...) So, I brought him to my room to show Louie. I even woke him up... LOL! Then I decided to take pictures. Louie said, you already know those things jump, you'd better put a lid on it or he'll get out. I didn't listen and low and behold, we have Houdini the mouse. He got out and I put him back, and he jumped out again, climbing on to my sleeve, along my back of my hoodie and down to my chonies. I then realized I was going to loose him. Louie tried to catch him and he jumped off and ran away in our room under our bed. Just dandy! Now there is a mouse loose in my room. Louie is now mad at me and refusing to help me find Harry. I then find myself with a dog that is excited, a husband that is mad at me, a mouse that is lost in my room, and I am frantically trying to find him. I see him cross over to my dresser. Then I move my laundry and he runs back under the bed. I saw him and told Louie and he tries to get him and misses, and then Harry makes a mad dash towards the dinning room. Louie caught him with his chonies. LOL! Louie then tells me to put a lid on the container. And goes out to the living room to show the kids really quick. I grab saran wrap and have it ready. We put him back into the container and the kids are super excited. I poked holes into the saran wrap so he can breathe. Now I have a mouse. I have decided to keep him till tomorrow and see if I can catch another. Then tomorrow, what ever I will catch will go to the woods for release.

Please meet Harry!

My reusable live mouse trap!

Harry!

He is Charcoal gray! He is pretty cute!
You can tell he is still wet from his swim.

He is pretty tiny. And the kids love him!

I bought a bag of buttons yesterday! I love buttons!
These are my multiples.

My misfit buttons! What should I do with them? Stitch markers perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment