Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happy June 1st!

Today is the last day I will have children with the ages of 2, 4, 6, and 8. WOW! What a year. All four are all potty trained, two in school, and three in soccer in the fall...

Juli turns 3 tomorrow. My baby turns 3... I remember the week after she was born and I was playing dress up (trying her in all of her outfits) and she threw up all over me. She would sleep and let out a shriek that would scare us all. Then she would we'd look at each other and realize it was her and she would be out. I swear it was just yesterday I had her.

I can't believe how big my kids are. How smart they are in their own way. How they love in their own way. Even how stubborn they are. It's amazing the people they are now, it is mind boggling to think of who they will be when they grow up.

Time flys. . . 

So here are a couple of items I have finished in the last week and one that I just started.

The fingerless gloves, they are knit flat and sewn together.

The left mitten with ribbed bottom.
(The pattern didn't call for that, but I did it to make them snug.
I also used US 5 and US 6 needles instead of 6 and 7)

The top right mitten. Cable with moss stitch.

The mary Janes I made for Ruth!
The best adult pair I have ever made!

Bella mitten! Left mitten. I had to use DPNs
(Double Pointed Needles) because I didn't have
US 8 circulars needles with a flexible cable.
Which means I have to make one a time, instead of two 
at a time. I love Magic Loop Knitting. It helps prevent the
One Sock (mitten, armwarmer) Syndrome.... (aka I do one and 
don't want to do the other) 

They are coming along nicely. I like them. That is a Horseshoe
Cable, and the bottom of the arm part is ribbed. The Palm will
be made in Stockinette stitch. :D


My Massage chair is out of storage! :D
Massage anyone? I need guinea pigs. They massages are free...
(P.S.) I am rusty so give me a break! :/

No comments:

Post a Comment