Monday, April 18, 2011

See You When I See You...

I really love this song... It is right up there with Steve Holy's "Love Don't Run" and Kenny Chesney's "Seven Days". I can't get enough of them.

Sometimes I think of my past. Things I have done and said. Choices I've made. I am amazed of where I am, and how I think and feel. How much I've grown, how much I still have to grow.

Though as the time passes there are people I still think of. Some more than others. They come to me in my thoughts, and in my dreams. I know I can consciously think of them during the day, but what about my unconscious dreams?

Sometimes I am tempted to go to someone and ask them about them. I am a believer that dreams have a purpose. Whether they analyze the past and present, represent your feelings, and my unease favorite; Deja Vu. (Which has happened to me on numerous occasions.) Are the content in dreams measured by science or energy? Dreams, are they just the roaming of the mind, or can we connect to one another through them? You hear about having people who have passed on come to you in a dream. Or your dreams will tell you when something is wrong. I have predicted babies, and relationships for people. (All completely random...) What about fantasy's? Or the most vivid of dreams, the realistic ones? (Fantasies and nightmares alike.)

I have this one dream that comes to me. Often. At first I kinda made it up and went along with the ride. Now it feels more real every time I dream it. It isn't every night. But when I do, I almost wonder if the people that are in it feel it too. The odd thing is the people in the main part of my dream, I don't know them. I even see faces and feel emotions.

It's a simple dream. I am traveling. The reason always changes from vacation to massage work/charity purposes. In the dream I am always traveling by myself. I find myself in an airport waiting for my time to board my plane or I am just landing. I run into this person (literally), I've never met him, but he seems familiar from somewhere. We exchange smiles and excuse mes.
If the flight is for leisure I end up seeing him on the plane and we bump into each other again and end up talking the whole flight and part ways.
If it's for work, I end up seeing him during one of my work projects. Whether he is a client, working along side me, or a person in passing. Either way he shows up after the airport bump-in. Sometimes we talk, sometimes it's just a friendly smile in passing.
It's simple conversation. But a conversation that changes my life. He challenges me to think, to strive and live. It is always the same person. I have never met him before, but he seems so familiar.

Who is he? What does he mean? Is he just him, or does he have a metaphorical meaning? Regardless... it must be just one of those mysteries of life. I used to have dreams like this growing up. Different, but I was always somewhere new, meeting new people. Neat... Mysteries!

No comments:

Post a Comment