So Easter falls on the April 24th this year. Which happens to be this following Sunday... EEK! And I have volunteered to make dessert(s)... 2 which I have not attempted to make before and the other one being my ultimate favorite which I have to grease the pan generously so the crust doesn't stick to the pan...
So my dessert plan....
*A Rhubarb Custard Pie (which was my grandmother's (mom's mom) specialty and my mom's favorite, which I have never had...)
*A White Chocolate Truffle and Raspberry Cheesecake (which looks challenging...but I had at a baby shower... OMG! Orgasm in your mouth!!)
*A French Silk Pie (My favorite Pie in the whole wide world. 4 months ago I had no idea what this was and now I am in LOVE!)
My ingredient list is a mile long ...
Meal Foreplay... (LOL! (inside joke) and I heart you too...)
Rhubarb Custard
A recipe for a double 9" crusts
3 eggs
2 Cups White Sugar
1/4 Cup flour
1 TSP Vanilla
3 TBS Milk
1 TBS Butter*
4 Cups diced Rhubarb*
A White Chocolate Truffle and Raspberry Cheesecake
Crust:
1 1/4 CUP shortbread cookie crumbs*
2 TBS sugar
1/4 CUP ground almonds*
1/3 Cup Unsalted Butter*
2 drops almond extract
Filling:
4 oz white chocolate*
4 eggs
2 lbs cream cheese*
2/3 CUP sugar
3 TBS flour
1 TSP Vanilla
1/4 TBS Almond Extract
Layering:
1 CUP of Seedless raspberry preserves*
Topping:
4 oz white chocolate*
3/4 light cream*
1/4 TSP vanilla
Raspberry Sauce:
1-10oz bag of frozen raspberries*
1 - 2 TBS confectioners sugar
Garnish:
Whole raspberries*
Warmed apricot jam (whole jar)*
Toasted Slivered Almonds
French Silk Pie
Crust:
8 TBS Salted Butter*
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1 1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup light brown sugar*
1/4 TSP salt
Filling:
12 TBS Salted butter*
1 CUP granulated sugar
3 oz unsweetened Chocolate
1 1/2 TSP Vanilla
3 eggs
Whip Cream*
Chocolate Curls
Everything that has a * by it I need to buy. Who wants to come with me? And who wants to fork up the bill? And if you do, then I will let you "share" dessert with us. That's a promise. But you must share!
Tomorrow is knitting group and Thursday I take our son Sergio to the Allergist to be tested for... you guessed it, Allergies. His eczema does not do well with dry weather and it seems that even if the weather is not "dry" he has flair ups. I want to make sure it is just eczema and eczema is not caused by allergies. Lela has an Easter egg hunt on Friday, that I need to buy eggs and fill. Mila has a movie coming up that I don't know much about and need to ask her teacher about.
I get to go out shrimping with the "brothers" (My husband, brother D.J., and brother in law Anthony) on the 7th! YAY, my first time fishing on a boat, and my first time shrimping. Louie is getting ready for a fishing trip mid-May, and it'll be just me and the kiddies for an extended weekend. Woot... and car less... what to do, what to do... I would say bake. We could do that. And if the weather permits to be nice we could walk to the park. I should have projects planned around that time too. EEE!
BUSY BUSY!... We should have started working out this week but have not been able to wake up at 5:30 in the morning, even the kids have been sleeping in till 7:30. Hmm...
Tonight I am making Lasagna. I have the ingredients that need to be used. Oh and bread too...
Now to clean up the kitchen and do the Untouched laundry... Music is the pick me up today. :D I will post pictures and reviews of the pies and cake after Sunday. Wish me luck. Again the bill for the list is still up for grabs... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment