The choice between the real work or complacency... I'm choosing work.
Yesterday I contacted a couple of people for my job and I was challenged to make a goal to feed 1200 families in a month and a half. 1200 families!! That is insane. I'm not sure how I'm going to go about doing it, but I have a lot of people to start talking to. Our food bank needs it and most of all the families and people it is going to help. I can no longer call complacency a friend and neither an acquaintance, I'm better than that and these people deserve more!! As a mother of 4 I know a bit about how much food a family can go through. All of my children have different appetites, but I am most definitely blessed with good eaters. It can be quite costly if you do not plan well... And we have to plan well. We generally spend anywhere from $100 - $150 a week on groceries for a family of 7. It is a shame that families have to make the choice to either skip a meal during the day to pay a bill or even put gas in their vehicle to get to and from work. I know we live in tight finances sometimes, but we are still quite privileged. Blessed by far compared to many families out there. It is time to pay it back forward in either time, service, or money. The people of our community deserve it.
No comments:
Post a Comment