Monday, October 17, 2011

Ranting...

Pet Peeves! Why I have them, and why I can't let them go!

Things that used to be peeves, but not so much anymore.

Do I want to have more kids? Am I going to have more kids? Why do you have 4 kids?

Okay, I would love more kids, but honestly in this fast paced bad economy world it would be in our best interest to just keep the 4 kids we have and not procreate anymore. (Though I have been told we have some of the cutest kids in the world!) We have 4 children because we also came from large families. Louie is 1 of 5 children, and I am 1 of 4. So we wanted our children who had someone to play with, share with, learn with, and cooperate with. They now have 3 other someones in the house to play with, and I think that they are quite lucky to have that.

Teen moms have no idea what they are doing, and are quite selfish....

Okay, being a mom at 17, 19, 21, and 22. I can tell you any new mom has something to learn regardless of age and experiences. What will the birth be like? (Every one of them is unique) What kind of baby will we have? (Colic, jaundice, nights/days mixed up, hungry, poop/pee everywhere (blow out baby?!), sleep through anything, light sleeper, like the bouncer/swing/floor/boppy... the list goes on!) As a teen mom I did have my own selfishness, but every Mom does, but I can tell you I grew up incredibly fast. It took a lot of work, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

FML....

I loathe this phrase. Why? Because everyone has their own tragedies. But stating to FML just sounds like you are asking for more trials, instead of trying to just get up, brush it off, and try again.

My biggest one: Those who use Husband and Wife (hubby and wifey) though they are not married.

Okay... my history. I got married at 18 and planned most of my wedding when I was 17. I got married in the Catholic church. So we did all the neccesary steps to do so, including Louie completing all of his sacraments, and the additional counseling due to our extremely young age. (We also already had a child premaritally) My parents said I could get married if I graduated high school. (Meaning they would pay for a wedding.) I did, and on time. We went through a lot in the short time we were engaged. We did the all steps I was taught was right to get married. We could have easily waited till I was 18 regardless of my beliefs and gotten married in a court house. Not that the court house weddings are less of a marriage, but at that time in my life it wasn't right for me. So when people slap around these names when they aren't married, it makes me upset. It makes me feel sad as an adult they don't want, or just haven't, taken the steps to get married. It can be as easy as applying for a marriage license and getting married. Or it can be as complicated as we made it be. But I find the steps we made, make me appreciate the names Husband and Wife so much more... I wish people could respect them more. If they choose to live together and make a family, and that is what they feel is right for them, then that's fantastic. But by all means in my book this doesn't mean they are married, husband, or wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment